- Assignable Benefit – A way or method an insurance plan is designed to pay benefits. Â Assignable benefits pay directly to the doctor or hospital rather than directly to you. Â This is the most desirable method of payment since it eliminates the need for you to be involved.
- Carrier – The insurance carrier assumes the risk on an insurance plan. Â They provide the benefits of the plan and issue payment for claims.
- Certificate of Insurance – Â TheÂ document issued by the insurance company including the effective date, type of insurance coverage purchased, the specific coverage amounts of your plan and schedule of benefits. Â It’s important to review your Certificate of Insurance fully upon purchasing your plan.
- Claims – The formal request a doctor or hospital submits to an insurance company to receive payment for the services they provide to an insured person.
- Deductible – Â The dollar amount that must be paid before the insurance company will pay their portion of the benefit.
- EOB – Short for “Explanation of Benefits”, an EOB is the statement an insurance company issue to the planholder explaining what medical services they paid a benefit for. Â An EOB is not a bill but rather a summary of the claims received and benefits applied according to your schedule of benefits.
- Excess Benefit – The term defining the specific order for which a benefit is to be paid. Â An excess benefit will pay last, after all other eligible benefits have been paid out.
- Guaranteed Acceptance – An insurance term meaning there is no “review period” before the applicant is approved.
- Indemnity – A style of insurance plan that pays a set dollar benefit for a specific procedure or service.
- Surgical Schedule – A list of surgical procedures, often in excess of 5,000, and the insurance benefit available for each.
Monthly Archive for: ‘November, 2011’
Ten Health Insurance Terms Comments Off on Ten Health Insurance Terms
Get to Know the Customer Login Comments Off on Get to Know the Customer Login
After you’ve enrolled in a SASid insurance plan, take advantage ofÂ what your customer login account has to offer:
- View/Print Plan Documents
- Make Payments
- View Claim Status and EOBs
Step One: Login
The first step in accessing your customer account is to login here.Â You will be asked to enter your username and password.Â Your username is the email address you used with enrolling into your SASid insurance plan.Â Your initial password was randomly generated and sent to you just prior to your enrollment.Â If you cannot remember your password simply enter your email address in the box below “Forgot your password?” and click “Request Password”.Â A new password will be sent to you via email.
Step Two: Navigate Your Account
Once logged into your account, you’ll find a row of tabs towards the top of your login screen which includes:Â Â Home | My Quotes/Plans | My Profile | Inbox | Logout.Â Here is a brief explanation of what can be found in each section.
- Home – will take you back to the original screen you came to upon initial login
- My Quotes/Plans – allows you to view any/all quotes and plans you have with SASid.Â This will include Active, Incomplete, and Canceled plans
- My Profile – update your mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Inbox – shows enrollment confirmation emails, declined payment emails, and any other important correspondence pertaining to your SASid insurance plans
- Logout – will securely log you out of your SASid customer account
View Plan Documents
Under the “My Quotes/Plans” tab you’ll find any SASid insurance plans you’ve enrolled in.Â Click on the GREEN link below the plans documents you’d like to view to open the plan details page.
You’ll then be taken to a page showing more details about your plan including the Plan Number, Effective Date, and Plan Type.Â To the right of those details is a drop-down box.Â Clicking on the drop-down button will open the plan documents available for your viewing and printing.Â To view, select the document and click the “Open” button to the right.
Also under the plan summary page you have the ability to make premium payments and change your payment method.Â Click the “Payments” tab under the plan logo to view payment service options.Â From here you can make a payment or change the method from which your future payments are made.
View Claims and EOBs
To view claims, click the “Claims” tabÂ then click “View Your Claims” (both highlighted in yellow in the image below).Â This will allow you to check the status of any claims received by InsuranceTPA.com and to view their corresponding EOBs.