Good dental hygiene plays an important role in the health of your entire body. Many studies have shown a link between poor dental health and serious illnesses like heart disease and diabetes. Take a step towards whole body health with Core Dental Insurance, forIndividuals and Families.
The Core Dental Insurance plans can provide coverage for preventive, basic, and major dental expenses with the dentist of your choice. Also, most plans include additional benefits like vision, hearing, orthodontia, teeth whitening, Dental Rewards®, and more.
Core Dental Insurance Benefits; Over 300 covered procedures.
- Preventive Dental Benefits: Routine exams, bitewings, cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, and more.
- Basic Dental Benefits: Full mouth X-rays, amalgam restoration (silver fillings), simple extractions and more.
- Major Dental Benefits (on Silver, Gold, Platinum Plans): Onlays, maxillary partial denture – resin base, denture repair, surgical removal of teeth, deep sedation/general anesthesia, endodontics – root canal, periodontal scaling and root planing, crown and crown repairs, pontics – porcelain fused to noble metal, and more.
- Orthodontia Benefits (on Silver, Gold, Platinum Plans): A benefit available to dependent children of the plan.
Additional Benefits: Vision, Hearing, Teeth Whitening, and More…
Similar to large group plans, Core Dental plans offer additional benefits.
- Vision Insurance: Apply up to $100 of the annual dental maximum benefit towards annual eye exams, lenses, frames and contact lenses. Additional discounts are available to plan members who use an EyeMed Access network provider.
- Hearing Insurance: Wellness benefit which helps people protect & preserve their ability to hear. Pays benefits for hearing exams.
- Teeth Whitening Benefits: Professional tooth bleaching, also referred to as whitening, has become a popular cosmetic procedure. With this benefit, plan members can enjoy having a healthy, white smile that will boost self-confidence and add sparkle to their appearance.
- Dental Rewards: A valuable feature which allows qualifying plan members to carryover part of their unused annual maximum.
- Laser Vision Correction Coverage Benefit: LASIK Advantage® provides coverage for LASIK and related procedures, including standard LASIK, Custom LASIK, LASIK with Wavefront Technology, Custom Vue LASIK, LASIK with IntraLase technology and Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK). Members earn a benefit per eye over time.
Core Dental Plan Highlights
- Eligibility: As long as you are at least 18 years of age and are not a current Ameritas dental plan member you are eligible for these valuable dental plans.
- Freedom of choice: You’re free to visit any licensed dentist. These plans do have a participating network (PPO) of dentists available nationwide; your out-of-pocket expenses are almost always less if you visit a PPO dentist.
- Large nationwide network (PPO): When you visit a participating Ameritas Dental PPO provider, you save money. Ameritas PPO providers have agreed to charge discounted fees to member clients. The Ameritas Dental PPO offers 180,000 provider access points nationwide. You can use a simple online directory to find the nearest provider. PPO dentists must meet credentialing and quality assurance evaluation requirements.
- Claims convenience: You will receive an ID card to present to your dentist at the time of service. The dentist can submit bills to Ameritas, which in most cases pays the dentist directly. You’ll receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statement, which will explain how benefits were covered. For your information, claims are available to view online at any time.
- Maximum Covered Expense (MCE): MCE is an easy-to-understand benefit at a very affordable rate. The plan pays the amount of the expense up to the MCE and you pay the difference between that amount and the dentist’s fee. You can often save money by using an Ameritas PPO provider.
- Easy online billing: You may pay your bill online or have your premiums automatically deducted from your account. You can access your account 24/7 and receive email alerts to be notified of upcoming withdrawals.
- Credit for existing plans: If you have existing coverage under another dental plan you may apply for the Core Dental Plan and elimination periods may be waived.
Who can benefit?
- Anyone who needs dental, vision, & hearing insurance
- Self Employed
- Those who want the dental benefits normally only accessible through large group insurance plans